Saturday, 28 September 2013

Well I finally got around to writing a blog

Well  I finally got around to writing a blog.

The basis will be as the title suggests, to do with my hapless adiction to Masters Athletics. For those who are unfamiliar, this means Athletics for the over 35s not eliete athletes.

Mind you, that's another discussion, some of us traiin like elite athletes, as this blog will hopefully show. So don't get me started on that.


Anyway the 2013 Season is over, and not one of my best. This year was my Silver Wedding anniversary, and bizarely all I seem to win this year was silver medals. Anyone who thinks I should be happy, don't know me well enough, I like winning, I'm highly competitive and I don't like losing  -  though I seem to get a lot of practice at it.


So winter training is underway, the weather in Wales is therefore set to change - the rain will get colder, but that's what make the Celtic Nations tough (well that's what they tell me). Tuesday's session left me gasping, 3x300m followed by 4x100m alll with short recoveries, so snails could out pace me. Thursday was worse, 5x200m and 3x100m and I nearly passed out. Made the drive home interesting nevertheless.

You get the idea, but don't expect this to be a regular journal.

1 comment:

  1. Keep going Mr Powell~it surprising (at least to me) in that in my 53rd year I could beat most of the younger crowd down the Big Dipper at the sand dunes recently with, if I say so myself, with a fair turn of speed. I have no idea how long I can continue (since I do "feel it" for at least three days afterwards) but to have this ability I do somewhat feel to be slightly blessed with it in 2013

    ReplyDelete