The weekend was spent fitting various new light fittings that my wife had purchased recently, both resulting me having to exercise my skill as an electrician as I had to re-route the ring main in the bathroom. Fitting the one in the conservatory posed a whole different problem, mounting a ceiling rose onto an aluminium extrusion. Al in all I spent most of the weekend going up and down stairs and ladders, by Sunday I was knackered and my maximus gluteus was aching something rotten, so much for having a rest. I celebrated the achievement of mounting two fancy lights without electrocuting myself in the usual way, the downing of some single malt.
Monday at the Harriers provided a unique opportunity to attend a talk about nutrition given by Tom of Team Wales, which proved informative, and slightly worrying. At no time did Tom mention Single Malts, puzzled by that, perhaps I just missed it. I do need to improve my diet, and cut down on the cream intake and eat more bananas.
The host of injuries were progressing nicely, another cold bath and breakfast with my foot in a bucket of cold water seemed to work well. Wednesday was a rest day in preparation for two physiotherapy sessions on Thursday and Friday, although I may need psychotherapy after that.
Thursday's session was in the hands of my own physio, Josie Adams. Unfortunately, Josie found the problems in my left leg without much trouble and set to work with her bionic steel thumbs. Phrases like "rusty piano wire" and "old corrugated tin roof" came to mind as she sorted out my hamstring, calf and associated muscles. She had me chewing on the pillow, thankfully the walls are sound proofed and I can return to the track in another week. I sought solace at home with some strong pain killers.
The physio at the hospital Friday was a much more subdued affair thankfully, not so much pain in the shoulder. However, and there is always a "however", the physiotherapist had me lying on my side trying to lift a 1Kg dumbbells, and it was too much. Half a bag of sugar! Well time to go with artificial sweeteners then, as I have to do that three times a day.
There was only one way to end the week, it's name was Balvennie Doublewood aged 12 years, you can taste the sherry and cinnamon.
No comments:
Post a Comment